Wow! Where did November run to? I was setting my mama’s calendar for her this morning and I made the date 14/11/2016 thinking that is today’s date. Some minutes later, she came in talking talking “you did not set the date”. “Ah, I just did”. She said its 14th on here,I replied,but it is 14th today only for me to check from my phone that it is actually 21/11/2016 today. Oh time, please take your time.
Today’s recipe is beans stew. This is easy to make. The boiling of the beans extends the preparation time to about thirty-five to forty minutes.
Preparation and cooking time:60 Minutes maximum
1 ½ cup black-eyed beans measuring about a cup of the normal market size cup
6 medium-sized tomatoes chopped
½ tablespoon red pepper powder or 6-7 grounded pepper
2 medium size onions sliced
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon shrimp powder
4 medium size carrots julienne
Salt as required
- Put water in a saucepan, add beans, cover and bring to boil till tender, adding salt at the latter stage.
- Put oil in a saucepan and put on fire.
- Add in onions and fry till translucent.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and pepper and let it simmer for about five minutes.
- Add in the shrimp powder.
- Pour in beans, if there is a lot of water on the beans, do well to strain it so the stew isn’t soupy.
- Add in the julienne carrots and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Turn off fire and serve with rice, plantain or yam. Enjoy!